Friday, August 12, 2011

Shannon Rankin

I recently purchased a print by American artist Shannon Rankin called The Universe Within – cool name huh? It's a hand embroidered archival print of a rare vintage star map in the form of an anatomical heart, with red thread radiating from the North Star-it's beautiful!

My print arrived today and I thought I would celebrate my purchase with a post about Shannon's amazing talent. She has the the most incredible back catalogue of beautiful, intricate work- well worth a browse through if you need a break from work.
I started collecting images to post here and ended up with a huge folder full!
Here are some favourites.

I wish we could get some in for the shop. Stay tuned for more info.

See more of Shannon's work here and purchase through her etsy store here.


No comments: